Thursday, December 22, 2005

the Chronic..WHAT?


This is...funny. I love comedy.
I recently saw the Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. What an awesome story. Really, just a great tale. I was especially pleased that they kept all of the Christian symbolism intact, although I'm not sure how they would have extracted it, being at the heart of the story and all. The special effects and the style of the film were on and off. Some of the blue screen effects were just bad. First thing I thought when I saw them was that me and my roommates could do just as good, i.e., poor. But by in large the digital effects were excellent. However, I don't think we are at the point yet where it is all seemless. Honest, as great as the all-digital characters are, I feel like a good makeup and costume job are almost always superior.
A couple noted exception to this: Golum and King Kong.
Side note: somebody who went and saw the movie with us (you know who you are!) didn't get the symbolism of it. And it wasn't for any lack of being sufficiently indoctrinated. I actually found myself getting upset when he was making fun of the story, because for me, that story is about a whole lot more than a magical closet and talking animals.

5 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger shibbster said...

amen

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Landon said...

Which special effects didn't you like? I didn't see anything that I thought was particularly horrible. There was the shot where Peter gets knocked off his horse that looked a little contrived, but other than that, it wasn't that bad, I didn't think.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Joe and Katie said...

I hearby dub you the king of amazingly, wonderfully, funny links.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger austinmcraig said...

graciously accepted, thank you.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Austin, I hope it hasn't gone unnoticed by yourself and by others that you can download that rap for free on iTunes under TV Shows.

"Mr. Pibb and Red Vines equals CRAZY DELICIOUS!!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home