Friday, October 28, 2005

Something More Substantial

I've already been made fun of for my last post, so in order to try and redeem myself I thought I would present a bit more of an intelligent subject.

Anti-War activists drive me crazy. War is a horrible thing, I agree, but I think that it is ignorant to believe that everything can be resolved by other means. Diplomacy is great, but sometimes it just doesn't work. Sometimes you must fight for what you believe in.

Maybe part of my anger comes because of the argument that American lives should not be spent to defend the Iraqi people. I hold the belief (and I think that there are fewer and fewer that hold this belief) that our country stands, or at least should stand for something. I believe that the freedom that we all have as citizens of this nation is something that we should spread. I believe that we have a responsibility to remove dictators and tyrants from power, and to use force if it be necessary.

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger austinmcraig said...

WORD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home